Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: The Oscars

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Jack_N_The_Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2004
    Posts
    470
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Oscars

    don't get me wrong, i love depp...think he's probably the best character actor there ever has been, but the j.m. barrie role was not one he should have taken...didn't showcase his talent

  2. #12
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Oscars

    HE sounds racist to have an opinion on something and not even watch the freakin movie, geez.

    Denzel did an excellent job in training day too, most felt that it was beyond time for him to win a big award.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member imported_six4three's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    571
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Oscars

    you guys should know by now that Titan95 is an EXPERT on everything

  4. #14
    Inactive Member 7_32's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2002
    Posts
    242
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Oscars

    Gotta go w/ Titan on this one, Denzel plays the same character in every movie he does. Granted, that he plays every one well, and I generally like his movies a lot, he does always seem to be the same guy in every film.

  5. #15
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Oscars

    Woah, the crooked guy in Training Day is the same guy as the coach in Remember the Titans is the same guy in Glory is the same guy in Philadelphia is the same guy in Crimson Tide? Come on....

    He may play a man with a chip on his shoulder, but thats like saying Johnny Depp takes on roles of characters who are a bit quirky (Jack Sparrow, Ed Wood, Edward Scissorhands, Willy Wonka, etc). Just because you are very very good in similar roles doesn't mean you aren't good. Jimmy Stewart was Jimmy Stewart, John Wayne was John Wayne, down the line...

    Sorry you don't think much of Jamie Foxx. I'll give you his role in Collateral didn't deserve a supporting nod (if anything it wasn't a supporting role, it was a starring role) but he was tremendous in Ray. Better than I think anybody who seen the comedian Jamie Foxx would have ever thought he could be. I'm just waiting to see him as Tubbs in the Miami Vice movie so he can show his true talent *lol*

    Come on, Denzel may play characters with similar ticks, but so does Morgan Freeman, Clint Eastwood (defective hero anyone?), etc etc. Its very hard for most actors or actresses to break stereotype.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Oscars

    Good post. Although I still sorta believe Denzel won it that year for what he had did his whole career and not just his preformance in Training Day. Which was good but not great. Of course I believe Penn received the same thing in for his Mystic River nod. A career award. Jamie Foxx did an amazing job though, I have heard rumors of him playing another well known troubled black figure. Mike Tyson. From what I hear thats who he wants to play in a future role, of course im not even sure Tyson's finished with his career so I dont see how they can make a major motion picture about his life.

    Who all has seen Million Dollar Baby? I thought it was great.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member brasspig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    66
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Oscars

    As I recall, The Aviator won the GRAMMY for best Score, but wasn't even nominated for the Oscars. That's a good thing as I thought The Aviator Score was pretty bland. Howard Shore just won that one because he had won so much for LOTR that the voters couldn't NOT vote for him.

    Now I'll have to listen to Neverland, since it won.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Jack_N_The_Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2004
    Posts
    470
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Oscars

    i guess that's why he got the tatoo in the back of his head...*mike tyson* he's getting into character

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Oscars

    Everytime I see Tyson now with that huge tattoo on his face, I realize that he will never be the same and his has lost his mind. Then I remember, he bit Holyfields ear off. Haha. So I dont see why it took a tattoo for me to realize that. Though I read a article the other day about Tyson training for another comeback, should be a fight signed for him in the next month or so. Also saw him on HBO, in an interview in between matches of the Hopkins fight. Tyson looked in pretty good shape for a almost 40 year old.

    Also it looks like Jamie Foxx has put on some muscle? Looks like hes buffed up a good 15 pounds since his role in Ray. Maybe im wrong, but maybe their really is something in the works for him to play Tyson. His next role I have heard is
    Miami Vice with Colin Farrell. That should be interesting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •